The International Studies Program in the College of Liberal Arts and Science is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for majors and minors in the International Studies Program. These scholarships are granted to qualified International Studies majors or minors who plan to participate in a credit-bearing study abroad program and/or complete an international internship of at least three weeks during spring, summer or fall.
Award recipients will have distinguished themselves through superior academic achievement in international studies course work that has prepared them for the international experience abroad. Awards of up to $2000 each for Spring, Summer and Fall will be granted.
Minimum Requirements for Application
Applicants must be a declared International Studies undergraduate secondary major or minor, hold a 2.8 cumulative GPA, and be accepted into a formal study abroad program, or possess firm plans for an international internship abroad.
- For Spring Programs: Friday, December 1
- For Summer & Fall Programs: March 15
To apply, students should complete all of the following and send either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or print to:
Dr. Chad M. Gasta Director, International Studies Program Department of World Languages and Cultures Iowa State University 3102 Pearson Hall
- Include an unofficial transcript from AccessPlus
- Write a 1-page essay describing your goals for your study abroad and/or internship, how the experience(s) will relate to your International Studies major or minor, and how such experiences will impact your career plans.
- Provide the name and contact information for one ISU faculty member who can serve as a reference.
- Proof of planned internship or acceptance into a credit-bearing study abroad program of at least three weeks. This can be an acceptance letter, an e-mail from the program director stating you have been formally accepted into a study abroad program, paperwork or a Learning Contract related to your international internship. For other forms of proof please contact the International Studies Director at email@example.com.